BeltWatch belt alignment rip and tear sensor – BART
• BeltWatch pull key – BWPK
– Conveyor Safety
▪ Pull key / pull cord switches
▪ Belt sway / Misalignment Roller switches
▪ Heavy Duty Limit Switches
– Switch Numbering Systems
- Danger to human safety.
- Consequential ancillary equipment or structural damages.
- Expensive repair costs.
- Production losses occur due to long repair times.
- Until now the most accepted detection system for belt tears was the “Induction loop systems” especially for long conveyor belts where the potential for high value damages are great.
BeltWatch is a non-contact, high speed laser based detection system which monitors the conveyor for faults on a continuous basis. It protects against faults such as rips, tears, snaps, misalignment, holes, oversized materials, flaps, and so much more.
Belt induction loop system
Complex time consuming set up
Special conveyor manufacturing required
High likelihood of detecti oncomponent damage in normal operation (RF Tags,Antennas)
Very high maintenance cycle (Antenna adjustment, RF Tag replacements)
Specialised equipment and traning required for conveyor damage repairs
High initial capital outlay (CAPEX)
High individual componen treplacement costs (OPEX)
Top conveyor belt detection
Simple to set up
Can be used on any standard conveyor belt
Very low likelihood of any damage during normal operation
Low cycle maintenance requirements
No special training or equipment required for conveyor repairs
Low initial capital outlay (CAPEX)
Low individual component replacement costs (OPEX)
Both top and return conveyor belt detection
- Statistical information capture to assist the mechanical maintenance personnel to detect deterioration of the conveyor aa a whole (Preventative maintenance indicator).
- Monitoring for smaller rips (holes) in conveyor belt.
- Monitoring of belt edge rips / tears.
- Monitoring of belt alignment on both top and return conveyor belts.
- Easy customised timing (per sensor) and sensitivity adjustment by authorised personell.
- Feeder short / step control using hole detection.
- Easy integrate-ability into existing PLC /SCADA/Network Systems.
- Oversized material detection.
- Snapped belt detection.
- 7 inch colour touch screen interface (Optional).
- Ethernet camera integration (Optional).
After a tear on one of our overland conveyors from the tail to the head (in excess of 1500m) Taking 4 days to repair and realising the shortcomings of our current detection systems (inductive loop + under belt rope), we installed a BeltWatch system for trial purposes.
It was a very fortunate decision as shortly after, we had another tear similar to the previous one, and as a direct result of the BeltWatch system we managed to limit the damage to less than 80m and get back to production in no time. We are now in the process of standardizing on BeltWatch for all our high impact conveyors at Modikwa mine.
Smart Monitoring Solutions
Using modern technologies and innovation we leverage client’s existing assets to provide better efficiency and higher productivity whilst presenting the client with a global view of their production and asset information so they may make more informed business decisions.